Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Morning Walk...


Here's a little bit I wrote while living in Upstate NY last spring... Enjoy! :)




I'm up early this morning- I take the dog for a walk
We move through the neighborhood at a healthy pace 
The streets lined with manicured lawns Driveways bear the delighful witness to children's imagination through sweet colors of faded chalk 

I smile.

We stop at the park 
I feel the warm sun on my face 
My dog lifts his leg 
My mind quickly invaded with thoughts of bills and budgets and deadlines and datapoints and meetings to be had... 

Barraged by the mundane. 

A sudden breeze picks up 
Trees dance, leaves whistle, my hair falls in my face. 
A permeating scent of pine floods my senses. 

I smile again. 

T'was a lovely interruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment