Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Power of Friendship

Wanna know a secret? It's something that really hit home with me this weekend. It's a huge secret, although you probably already know it. Ya ready? Shhhhh...don't tell anyone...

Here goes:

Never Underestimate the Power of Friendship. 






Tada! Great secret, huh? 

Well, ok. So maybe it's not such a big secret. In fact, it's not a secret at all. But sometimes I forget what truly is the wind beneath my oftentimes flailing wings. And I've certainly come to appreciate the friendships & wind power I've grown to love over the years. 

This weekend, alone, my friends showed their love in the most amazing ways: 

1. My girlfriend (who lives three time zones away) lent me her ear at 7am after my long hectic work week.
2. My oldest girlfriend and I caught up on the events of the week & laughed at the silly things our families do.
3. My favorite Puerto Rican girlfriend & her family fed me the most amazing dinner.
4. My lovely ladies' Bunco group of 3 years made me laugh until I thought I was going to puke.
5. My dear friend who turned me on to This American Life treated me to a gorgeous dinner chalk full of conversation with much substance (nevermind the chocolate chili cheesecake).

I am truly a lucky girl. 

I have some of the best friends any one person could ever ask for. 

My friends are always there when I need them. 
  • They always make me laugh.
  • They always listen when I need to spill my guts.
  • They always share their wisdom when I can't seem to find my way.
  • They hold me when I cry. 
  • They check in with me on facebook to show they care.
  • They feed me because they know my cooking skills are lacking. 
And, no matter how much time has passed or how long it's been since I've called or written, they always let me fall right back into our friendship conga rhythm without missing a beat. 

So, this post is for you, my friends. Without your love and friendship, I know I'd be an empty shell of a person. You fill my life with joy, love, laughter (LOTS of laughter), and hope. 

I hope I can someday offer you as much love and joy as you, me. 

PS...
Thanks for the smiles, wisdom, and FOOD!  :D




4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing friend too. I just wish we could spend more time together. I missed you like crazy when you were in New York. You know your friends always have your back. Don't you love friends who always try and set you up. Ha Ha... you can thank your new friend Randy for also thinking you needed a guy in your life. He said I was like a mama bear "no she doesn't need one right now!!!!!!!!!".....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you, too! I really really want to do something with you, Randy, & Riley SOON! I don't know if I ever thanked you enough for all you've done for me. I'm very appreciative of you and your fam (even Randy for trying to set me up and for you in keeping the blind dates at bay). Love you Mama Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so right... if it wasn't for my friends, i don't know where i'd be.
    fyi, i'm following you now! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete