Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Making of a GREAT Team: We can learn from baseball's best

 So what makes a great team?


A team that can reach their ultimate pinnacle of success...



A team that can work together under the most challenging of situations...



A team that beholds the love of their most loyal supporters...
 














A team that has unwavering unity and, yes--love amongst dudes...


All throughout last year's Post Season playoffs, I asked myself these questions of my favorite baseball team.

Yes. I am a San Francisco Giants fan.

I love those guys.

And I remember how much I loved my team back in 2002 when they were in the World Series and suffered devastating loss against the Anaheim Angels (damn Rally Monkey)...and I remember how much I loved them in 2010 as they brought home the long awaited World Series victory against the Texas Rangers (Hellz YEAH).

I loved both teams.

But what made the difference from winning and losing those years for the Giants? Was it one thing you can put a single finger on? Several factors? Just plain luck? What can we learn from both teams in life, love, and business?

Well...Of course...I have my theories.  ;)

The Making of a GREAT Team: 

1. No one team player, no matter how brilliant or talented, can win alone.













 2. Work hard. Play hard. Laugh hard together.












3. Conflicts happen. But don't go to bed angry and certainly don't let things come to punches.


4. Have a skipper who knows when to bring on the outcast who shows promise... 



...and when to sit out most shining (and most expensive) star. 



5. And even the skipper sits you out...you still show your steadfast support.


6. A great team is supported by those around them who love them over the years, through thick and thin. 

  






7. The more love your supporters show you...the crazier the getups.















8. A great team knows each others' weaknesses, yet celebrates each others' strengths.









9. And sometimes a great team has their very own rally thong...just for luck.



10. But in the end...a great team doesn't have personal  alterior motives, or secrets, or envy, or greed for individual power.


Instead, they are just great together. They are a TEAM.



(And some great teams even have their very own theme song.)   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment